The 2020 Gymnastics Tournament will consist of one team with competitors aged between 12 & 17 years of age. Each Nation with the exception of the host nation will be eligible to nominate one (1) team.
All participating Gymnastics teams are to consist of seven (7) Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander people and three (3) people of non-Aboriginal descent where the team has 10 competitors. Where a number of competitors vary the ratio of 70/30 still applies.
Each team is to have an Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander and a person of non-Aboriginal descent as Team Managers and Coaches if possible.
Each Team Manager and Coach will be required to undertake mandatory Police & Working with Children Checks and meet all PCYC NSW volunteering requirements to participate.
Nations of Origin does not require any participating Nation to pay a registration fee per team to participate.
The Tournament will be a one (1) day event consisting of approximately 10 teams. The competition will be held using Gymnastics NSW/Nations of Origin Team Gym Rules.
Players will only be allowed to take part in the competition as a player if they meet the age criteria.
Team Age Criteria
Players need to have turned 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 or 17 in 2020 or be turning 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 or 17 by the 31st of December 2020, in 2020 a player can only be one (1) year younger than their registered age group if players need to fill the team.
To be eligible to play in the 2020 tournament players need to be born between 2008 and 2003.
Players need to submit all paperwork before their place is secured on the team. This paperwork includes:
- Proof of Age (Birth Certificate or Proof of Age Card)
- PCYC Membership
- Passport style photograph (can be taken at most clubs)
- Evidence of school attendance
- Parent/Guardian Consent/Medical Information and/or Indemnity Form
- Signed Code of Conduct
Each participant must meet strict criteria in order to represent their Nation. All players must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of 80% school attendance (validated)
- No current negative dealings with Police
- Commit to train and participant in activities in the lead up to the event
- Have a current PCYC Membership
Teams must meet the following criteria in order to register a team:
- Have a connection to a PCYC NSW Club – PCYC Clubs register players and teams and hold the financial, WHS and Child Protection Compliance for each of the teams
- Be endorsed by a local elder
All team and player registration must be submitted to the PCYC Club associated with the teams