Every parent wants their children to grow up strong and healthy. One of the factors that make kids healthy is their level of exercise and fitness. Engaging in physical activities from a young age can help children remain positive and energetic. It also prevents the development of health complications.
Unlike adults, kids do not have a designated time for exercising. Instead, exercise is a part of their life. They play at home, at school and almost everywhere else. These physical activities are diverse, ranging from sports to dancing, and so forth.
When your kids exercise, it builds their endurance, strength and flexibility.
Endurance is the ability to sustain activity without getting tired. It can be nurtured by aerobic exercises such as jumping and running. You can also become more enduring by participating in individual and team sports.
When children exercise, it makes them more flexible. This important in making them agile and responsive.
Benefits of Exercise
Regular exercising in kids improves their immunity and reduces their vulnerability to some health conditions. Here is why your child should join a gym club in Sydney.
* Less risk of obesity – physical activity reduces the risk of obesity, which is known to the precursor of other conditions such as heart disease.
* Stronger muscles and bones – an active child is less likely to break their bones than a lazy one. Exercise strengthens bones and improves endurance.
* Lower blood pressure – exercising gets rid of excess body fat, which is the primary cause of high blood pressure.
* Elevated mood – physical activity is known to stimulate the production of hormones that make your children happy.
Children can only exercise for a limited period because they have little bodies. It is recommended children exercise for at least one hour every day. When starting, the training sessions can be as short as 5-minutes long. With time, you can increase the timeframe so long as your child is comfortable.
During exercise, ensure that you have a lot of water to quench the inevitable thirst. You should also keep a close eye on the children to avoid any accidents.
How to Form an Exercising Habit for Your Children
It is challenging to motivate your children to participate in regular exercise. The rising popularity of video games means that kids can spend an entire day indoors. Over time, the lack of activity increases the chances of developing obesity and other severe conditions.
Here is how to ensure that your child takes exercising seriously.
* Limit screen time – you should consider banning your children from playing games or watching TV for a specific period. Make it clear that they can only watch TV after exercising.
* Make a schedule – when you have a clear exercise routine, it is easier to motivate your kids to participate.
* Encourage them to take the stairs instead of elevators. They can also ride a bike instead of taking the bus.
* Find ways of making the activities enjoyable.
* Set the example – if you are active, your kids will undoubtedly follow suit.