PCYC NSW Suspension of Club Services
The health and safety of our members, staff and the communities we serve is my highest priority. PCYC NSW has been operating for over 80 years supporting generations of NSW families providing vital services and programs. We are part of your community.
As a charity empowering young people in partnership with the Police, we are aware of the impact this is having on youth and the community. I would like to update you on the impact of the Governments directives and how it affects Indoor sporting facilities such as PCYC NSW. To adhere to these new directives, activities in all PCYC NSW clubs have been temporarily suspended with the exception of OOSH and selected Police programs.
We apologise for the impact this development will cause but in the context of the impact, COVID-19 is having on Australia and the global community this suspension is the right thing to do.
How this affects you:
Gym, Fitness, and Boxing
- All members on Direct Debit Payments will have their accounts suspended from 23/3/2020 indefinitely i.e we will not be withdrawing funds from your bank account
- All upfront / pre-paid memberships will have their memberships suspended for the amount of time our facilities remain closed.
Driver Education Programs (SDC / TOIP / DLAP)
- All scheduled Traffic Offenders Intervention Program (TOIP), NSW Safer Drivers Course (SDC) and Driver Licensing Access Programs (DLAP) are temporarily suspended until further notice.
- All members who have partially completed a SDC or TOIP Program, we understand this is an inconvenience, a staff member from your local club will be in-touch with you to discuss the situation this week.
School Holiday Programs / Vacation Care
- Following the latest government advice around controlling the spread of COVID-19, PCYC NSW has decided to cancel all April School Holiday programs.
- All full-day vacation care programs, which are eligible for the Australian Government’s child care rebate, will still be on.
- Any fees that have been paid towards booking a place in an April School Holiday program will be credited to your account to enable you to use the funds for a future booking.
It is understandable that the virus is creating anxiety, confusion, and uncertainty but we must all remember we live in one of the safest and most stable countries in the world. Our health workers such as specialists, doctors, nurses, paramedics, and emergency workers are among the best trained and supported in the world.
I urge you to read through the links below which provide reputable and reliable information and advice to keep our communities safe. Please check these links regularly:
PCYC NSW is here to support you, your family and the community.
If you have any concerns or questions about how we are responding to the impacts of COVID -19 please contact your local club for regular updates visit our Facebook page for regular updates.
As a charity, we need your continued support and with our combined efforts we will see this through. I would like to thank you for being a loyal member of PCYC NSW and for your continued support during these uncertain times.